Sunday, February 22, 2009

25 Things I Will Never Forget


25 THINGS I WILL NEVER FORGET...


If you are reading this, you must start a note , adding 25 random memories, good or bad,that you will NEVER forget.Things that happened that may play a part in why you are who you are...Add details if needed...

1. Giving birth to my first daughter Christal.....I was so excited and scared.

2. Giving birth to my first son Russel...the power went out, and I had to walk up many stairs in the dark and give birth by candlelight.

3. Giving birth to my second son Erick...he was born while we lived in a homeless shelter.

4. Giving birth to my second daughter Skyla...she was the only natural child birth and weighed over 10 lbs!

5.Getting assaulted by a man who was stalking me at WalMart where I worked and seeing him go to jail for it.

6. Watching my (adopted) dad die in my arms

7. Watching my (adopted) mom die from cancer and hearing her cry for me to help her at night when she was in pain.

8. Hiking with a long lost friend Karin S. across New York State at age 16 and living on PB sandwhiches, crashing proms, and attending a Woodstock like event where I jumped fully clothed in a pool while a Janis Joplin Cover band was playing..

9. Crossing the border illegally at age 16 (we walked across) and getting caught by the State troopers who returned us to the Border Patrol who interrogated us for hours, before releasing us to the Q.P.P.

10. Treking deep into the woods every year as a child to go berry picking and to cut our own Christmas Tree.

11.All the big family Christmases with all the cousins when I was a kid.

12. Moving in to a homeless shelter with 2 babies and one on the way and living there for over a year!

13. All the fun and crazy times at Molly Maguires in Ottawa!

14. Being banned from the Talisman Hotel for life for skinny dipping in their public pool and then refusing to leave and then finally leaving through the hotel...naked!

15. My wonderfully fun Medeivel Wedding!

16. My honey moon up North, sleeping in a tent and the bears coming and me scaring the crap out of Dave by banging on a pot!

17. Painting my very first wall mural the Swan Song on my high school wall....I was addicted to the feel of the paint brush in my hand after that and never stopped painting!

18. Opening my store Bee's Knee's Etc. in Northern Ontario...I miss it so much!

19. My first day of Full time college after being out of school for so many years, going back as a mature student with all the young folks!...and actually succeeding!

20. My very first job in the SSW field(Ottawa Council's Low Income Support Services)...and knowing I had found where I belong!

21. Riding the mechanical bull at the Bar Gilleys in Texas and riding it successfully in front of all those cowboys!

22. My experience with the exploding glass shelves and crystal glassware when I let a really evil person into my house.

23. My first horse! I was 7 and I got on her bare back and she took off like wild fire with me hanging on to her mane!

24. My 2 week long road trip with Wendy from London Ontario to New Orleans Louisiana!

25. A road trip to Montreal with Dana who had never been there...we took a train and she stole the peanuts from the cart, we got plastered in the Stanley pub and stayed in a motel where we ordered pizza and harassed the pizza delivery guy, and Dana falling off the toilette laughing, we were both laughing so hard and have never been able to remember why, and finally we called someone and got a wrong number and were invited to a party! Oh the good ol' days!

No comments:

Post a Comment